In this blog you will find out how to attach chicken wire to wood frame. Below you can find step by step instructions for easy installation.
- Estimated Completion Time: ~1 hour
- Experience Required: Low
- Tools Required: Wire Cutters, Protective Gloves, Hammer, Pliers (Optional: Staple Gun)
- Materials Required: Chicken Wire, Wood Frame, Staples
STEP 1) Sand the Wood
- Sand the frame until it is smooth.
- The smoother the surface, the easier it will be to handle as you go on with the project.
STEP 2) Unroll Enough Chicken Wire to Fit the Frame
- Unroll the chicken wire and place the frame on top.
STEP 3) Cut the Mesh
- Cut a slightly bigger piece of chicken wire along the length of the frame.
STEP 4) Attach the Left Side
- Start by attaching the wire to the left side first.
- Use staples at least at every third hole to fix the mesh tightly to the wood.
- Hold the staples with pliers to shield your hand.
STEP 5) Attach the Top
- If you are done with the left side, attach the wire to the top.
- When using the hammer, make sure that all the staples are pushed in firmly.
STEP 6) Fix the Bottom Side
- Attach the bottom side of the mesh to the frame.
- Always pull the mesh as you move along.
STEP 7) Attach the Right Side
- The last side that you have to staple is the right side.
- Always pull on the mesh before attaching it to make it taut.
STEP 8) Cut Off the Excess
- Cut off the excess chicken wire and you are done with the project.
- If you want to create more frames, repeat all the steps above again and again.
ALTERNATIVE) Attach with a Staple Gun
- You can use a staple gun if you find hammering the staples into the wood frame to be challenging.
- Cutting Chicken Wire
- How to Paint Chicken Wire
- How to Attach Chicken Wire to Posts and Different Materials
- DIY Frame With Chicken Wire for Pictures
- DIY Chicken Wire Jewelry Holder
- How to Make Tomato Cages From Chicken Wire
- How To Make Chicken Wire Ghost Figures
- How to Build a Chicken Run