Wire Fence will give away 100% of our profits made on Wednesday 26th October for National Pumpkin Day to a gardening charity.
If you are a gardening charity or not for profit organization and you are in need of additional funds, drop us an email on email@example.com and we will add you to the poll.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is National Pumpkin Day?
You know it’s autumn when the lovely orange-coloured crops start appearing on the shelves in every store, and pumpkin spice everything fills the menus of the cafés. Pumpkins have become the unofficial symbol of October, with Halloween putting the cherry on top of the pumpkin-themed celebrations. Therefore, as all good things, they deserve their own day to be celebrated – and it falls on the 26th of October every year.
Celebrating Pumpkin Day is easy for those who are a fan of the autumn crop – baking a pumpkin pie, roasting some pumpkins or drinking a hot pumpkin spice latte are just some of the many ways you can get involved with this event. Or, if you are not a fan of the flavour, but would still like to be able to celebrate, it’s a great time to carve some pumpkins for Halloween or visit a local pumpkin patch. We would like to celebrate National Pumpkin Day by showing our appreciation to the hard-working people who bring this delicious crop to our plates – gardeners! Therefore, we will be donating all of our profits made on this day to a gardening charity.
Some Pumpkin-Spiced Facts
- Did you know that your favourite autumn vegetable is in fact not a vegetable at all? Country Living confirms that pumpkins are technically fruits – more specifically, berries!
- According to Healthline, pumpkins have several health benefits: rich in antioxidants and fibres, they reduce your chances of developing chronic diseases and cancer.
- Guinness World Records notes that the world’s heaviest pumpkin was recorded at a pumpkin festival in Italy in 2021 – it weighed over a ton!
What we are doing to help
100% of the profits made by Wire Fence on the 26th October will be donated to a gardening charity or organisation supporting gardeners.
Are you a gardening charity?
If you are a gardening charity or not for profit organisation, we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of your organisation and website address and attach a photo that you would like us to share.
- We will add your charity to the voting platform within the next 24 hours and send you an email once it’s live.
- Collect as many votes as you can until the 26th of October.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most votes until the 26th of October. We will announce the results on the 27th of October.
Thanks to our customers we raised £214 for Beyond The Wall.
Beyond The Wall is a charity based in the ‘Walled Garden’ on the Thornham Estate in Thornham, North Suffolk. They work with people from 16 years upwards who have a disability. The team are focused on removing barriers to enable everyone to attain a fulfilling and meaningful life. They are a ‘not for profit’ organisation, all funds raised go to meet the needs of their clients.
Beyond The Wall’s aim is to build up their learners’ confidence and self esteem while teaching them the skills which will unlock future opportunities for them in mainstream education, sheltered volunteering or employment.
Comment from Beyond The Wall
We are hoping to put the funds towards some lightweight wheelbarrows for the garden and a garden trolly. Some standard wheelbarrows are too heavy for our clients so some lightweight models will make a lot of jobs much more accessible and inclusive for everyone.
People can support our charity in many ways, we are a garden open to the public and our clients are proud when we have visitors to the garden, its free to walk around and we have a tearoom that’s open every Wednesday and Thursday. Our clients make all of the cakes, some independently and some supported and guided by staff, they serve customers and prepare all of the orders. – Rozelle Bettesworth (Centre Manager)
Other ways to help their work
- Beyond The Wall have a Christmas Fayre coming up on Sunday 27th November and they would love anyone than can to come along and support them.
- You can also donate to their work through their website here.