Wire Fence will give away 100% of our profits made on Thursday 3rd March for World Wildlife Day.
If you are a wildlife trust or charity supporting the welfare of wild animals and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is World Wildlife Day?
World Wildlife Day was launched by the United Nations in 2013 in order to celebrate and raise awareness of the wild fauna and flora of the world. The date 3rd March marks the anniversary of the adoption of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which has the aim of protecting endangered plants and animals, ensuring that international trade does not threaten these.
Why is the UK’s Wildlife in Danger?
- According to the National History Museum, 41% of the UK’s biodiversity has declined throughout the years due to agricultural practices, climate change, pollution and other factors.
- The UK is sadly one of the most nature-depleted countries in the world – National Geographic explains that in order to tackle this issue and prevent the extinction of native species, the space for nature needs to be doubled in the country.
- Hedgehogs and garden bumblebees are among the many species that are under increased threat and might face extinction according to a study published by Go Organic.
What We are Doing to Help
100% of the profits made by Wire Fence on the 3rd March will be donated to a charity supporting wildlife welfare.
Are You a Wildlife Charity?
If you are a wildlife trust or a charity supporting the welfare of wild animals we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 3rd March.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 3rd of March. We will announce the results on the 7th of March.
Thanks to our customers we raised £172 for Leicestershire Wildlife Hospital.
The Leicestershire Wildlife Hospital rescues, treats and rehabilitates sick, orphaned, injured & distressed wild animals & birds throughout Leicestershire and the surrounding region. The hospital is run by a team of dedicated volunteers and treats all casualties free of charge. They have launched a fundraising appeal to raise funds to build new bespoke isolation and quarantine facilities for the wildlife in their care.
Comment from Leicestershire Wildlife Hospital
“With the massive rise of avian influenza cases in the UK this year, and other zoonotic diseases, isolation facilities have become more needed than ever. This will be essential to allow us to continue treating birds, especially over the winter period when cases are extremely high due to the migration of birds. We expect this new unit to be over £75,000 to build and we need help to be able to achieve this; whether this be by a donation on our Gofundme page, or by organising a fundraiser yourself!” –Suzanne Ellingworth