Wire Fence will give away 100% of our profits made on Saturday 30th July for International Day of Friendship to celebrate the special bond between humans and their four-legged companions.
If you are a dog rescue centre or charity supporting the welfare of canines and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is International Day of Friendship?
Initiated by the United Nations, the purpose of International Day of Friendship has always been simple – celebrating the connections between each other, regardless of one’s nationality, race or religion. We think that if anyone can teach us what it means to form friendship without judging each other, it’s our pets. In order to celebrate this day, we decided to show our support to one of the most loyal companions people can have – dogs.
Why are Dogs Amazing Friends?
- According to Breeding Business, dogs actually consider their owners as family and act accordingly – hence the loyalty. Interacting with their owners also gives them a rise in oxytocin – so it’s not just us who become happier after a playtime session!
- Petting a dog can actually be beneficial for your health! The Drake Center presented findings that suggest that interacting with a dog for 15 minutes can help lower blood pressure, and combat feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Dogs are smarter than you may think – they are capable of drawing complex conclusions based on human’s behaviour and they are able to act accordingly, as suggested by American Kennel Club.
What We are Doing to Help
100% of the profits made by Wire Fence on the 30th July will be donated to a charity supporting the welfare of dogs.
Are You a Dog Rescue?
If you are a dog rescue centre or a charity supporting the welfare of canines we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 30th July.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 30th July. We will announce the results on the 2nd of August.
Thanks to our customers we raised £160 for Holbrook Animal Rescue.
Horsham-based Holbrook Animal Rescue, is one of only two ‘kennel-free’ animal rescues in the UK, and is home to around 35 dogs at any time, as well as cats, goats, horses, and other unwanted and abandoned animals. The rescue is run by Laura and Cliff Santini alongside a team of dedicated volunteers, and is sadly experiencing the highest level of demand ever, due to the high rate of dog abandonment following the relaxations of covid restrictions.
Located on the northern outskirts of Horsham, it is now being forced to relocate to make way for a major new housing development. Build has already commenced for the 2,700-home development to be named ‘Mowbray’, and the search for a new location is becoming more urgent.
Comment from Holbrook Animal Rescue
Thank you so much! We will be using your kind donation towards our moving fund. Unfortunately we are being forced off our current premises due to a 2,700 house development which edges nearer each day. This money will go towards our relocation and rebuilding costs. – Hayley Georgiou (Fundraising Volunteer)