Wire Fence will give away 100% of our profits made on Friday 30th July for International Day of Friendship to celebrate the special bond between humans and their pets.
If you are a pet rescue centre or charity supporting the welfare of companion animals and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is International Day of Friendship?
International Day of Friendship was initiated by the United Nations in 2011, in order to celebrate the connection between people, countries, cultures and environment.
The purpose of this day is to show our appreciation towards those who play an important role in our lives. Pet owners are probably the most aware of the important part animal companions play in human life – therefore we decided to dedicate this day to celebrating the existence of pets.
Why are Pets Amazing Friends?
- According to National Geographic, animals can develop feelings of attachment, form friendships and feel emotions towards humans or other animals.
- Dogs in particular are very emphatic creatures – according to Breeding Business, they sense sadness and come to their owners to comfort them, and they get excited when their human is happy.
- 94% of animal owners claim that their pet makes them smile at least once a day, according to Animal Medical Clinic.
What We are Doing to Help
100% of the profits made by Wire Fence on the 30th July will be donated to a charity supporting the welfare of pets.
Are You a Pet Charity?
If you are a pet rescue centre or a charity supporting the welfare of companion animals we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 30th July.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 30th July. We will announce the results on the 2nd of August.