Below you will find instructions on how to attach chicken wire to different posts and materials.
- Estimated Completion Time: Depends on the amount and size of the posts
- Experience Required: Low
- Tools Required: Hammer
- Materials Required: Chicken Wire, Staples, Cable ties, Pegs
WOOD OR WOODEN POSTS
- The fence needs to be able to move on impact and temperature changes.
METAL BARS OR POSTS
- Use cable ties to attach the mesh to the metal posts.
- You can cut off the excess plastic after the cable ties are in place.
- Take some pegs and push them into the ground, making sure that the hook catches the bottom of the mesh hole.
- Place the pegs at even distances of about 60 centimeters apart.
EXISTING CHICKEN WIRE
- You can lengthen an existing section of chicken wire by placing another section on top.
- Use cable ties to join the overlapping sections.
- You can cut off the excess plastic for an even finish.